The mission of the Research Chair in Obesity is to promote research and the dissemination of knowledge in regards to the etiology, consequences, treatment, and prevention of obesity.
In order to accomplish its mission, the Chair has established the following objectives:
- To expand our understanding of obesity through basic and clinical research in the areas of body weight regulation, energy metabolism, lipidology, neurophysiology, nutrition, genetics, kinesiology, cardiovascular and respiratory research, and bariatric surgery;
- To promote communication and interaction among basic scientists and clinicians of Université Laval and its affiliated hospital network, and to expand its worldwide impact;
- To support the training of highly qualified personnel, specifically graduate students and postdoctoral trainees, interested in all aspects obesity research;
- To contribute to the continuing medical education of physicians, health and research professionals;
- To inform the medias and the general public on the causes, consequences, treatment and prevention of obesity.